Welcome to the Real Nappy Week Challenge Blog!

The following blog posts will be written by Vicki and her sister as they begin their Real Nappy Week Challenge and Share the Secret with you!

In the build up to Real Nappy Week Vicki saw our call to Share the Secret and contacted Go Real. She told us that she had been using Real Nappies with her little boy since he was about 3 months old, (he is now 2 and still wearing them) BUT her sister needed some encouragement to Go Real.

Vicki told us: "Her reluctance is mainly down to the fact that she works whilst her partner mostly looks after the children, and he is fairly against the idea. I'm sure if they both had the opportunity to try Real Nappies they would soon see the benefits."

To help Vicki show her sister how fantastic Real Nappies are we’re providing a full trial kit of nappies for them to use during the challenge. Vicki will be supporting her sister, providing advice and support (with a little help from Team Go Real!) and both of them will blogging about their experience right here!

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Thank You

I can't believe the week is nearly over I have had so much fun trying Real Nappies. At the start I really wasn't sure if cloth was for me but I have completely changed my view; it's no harder than disposables, much better for my baby, the environment and not forgetting my pocket. I think I have saved about £10 since using Real Nappies which I have now spent buying some of my favorite nappies, Baba and Boo and an Itti Bitti.

Eve at Baba and Boo was very helpful and got my order out very quick.  I love the fact thart her nappies are so reasonably priced, fit Aston perfectly and look amazing. I liked all the nappies but found some held the wee (Little Lamb, Little Comfort, Prefolds and Terries) better and some fit better and don't look so bulky (Itti Bitti, Baba and Boo and Smartipants). The Pocket Nappies or All in Ones I found the easiest to put on as Aston doesn't really like sitting still too long; they were just a quick as disposable as you don't need to put a wrap on as well.
   
I pay for my electric by a key meter which was very useful to show how much extra electric the washing machine had used.  It was less than a pound which is great considering I put the machine on nearly every night but I dried them on the line most days.

My black bin which went out on Friday had a quarter less in it. It is normally over flowing by bin day but the lid was closed and I had lots more room left. That's the first time that's happened since Aston was born. It has made me think how many nappies, with 3 children using disposables, I have sent to landfill. Ian and I would like more children and we would definitely use cloth on any more we have.

If you unsure about using cloth, the best advice I can give is give it a go. Read all the reviews and just buy a couple to start, you have nothing to lose. If you are anything like me once you start you won't be able to stop!

Vicki and Go Real have been amazing, thank you for giving me the chance to transform the way I look at nappies. I have loved every second (including the pooie nappies!). And we would still be using disposable if you hadn't of sent me the trial pack. This is the best secret I have ever been told. Thank you for sharing it with me!

Charley

Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment